[Ontbirds]Cattle Egret - Ottawa area

Jeff Skevington jeff_skevington at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 6 08:49:25 EST 2005

Good morning Ontbirders,

At 8:15 this morning I watched  a Cattle Egret
struggling along, apparently migrating despite the
strong E winds. It was heading SW out of Constance Bay
and crossed the Dunrobin Road about 300m E of the
Kilmaurs Road. If it continues on this course it will
likely pass somewhere between Packenham and Arnprior.
Given the winds, it will likely stop somewhere along
the way.

Constance Bay is about 20 minutes W of Kanata along
the Ottawa River. Follow Dunrobin Road from Kanata.
After Woodlawn and Constance Bay you will see Kilmaurs
Road. If you go out to look I would search this area
and to the southwest.

Jeff

Jeff Skevington, Invertebrate Biodiversity
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
K.W. Neatby Building, C.E.F., 960 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0C6, Canada
Work Phone: 613-759-1647, FAX: 613-759-1927
Home Phone: 613-832-1970
e-mail: skevingtonj at agr.gc.ca
alternate e-mail: jeff_skevington at yahoo.ca