[Ontbirds]Birding Ethics

Mark Cranford cranford7 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 24 18:45:02 EST 2005

Birders

I am disappointed that the topic of responsible birding has been raised on
Ontbirds again.  Thoughtful birders feel strongly that birding whether with
a camera or binoculars involves due consideration to the objects of our
interest.  Ontbirds and our sponsor the Ontrario Field Ornithologists expect
and demand ethical behavoir whenever and whereever we bird.  OFO's policy of
ethical birding is thoughtful and should be embraced by everyone reading
this list http:\\www.ofo.ca\whoweare.htm#ethics

That said Ontbirds is for reporting birds pure and simple, it is not a forum
to discussion, debate or education.

Mark Cranford
Ontbirds Coordinator
Mississauga, Ont