[Ontbirds]Purple Sandpipers and Little Gull - Niagara

john black black at brocku.ca
Mon Jan 2 15:14:50 EST 2006

    This morning Paul Benham, Blayne and Jean Farnan, Kayo Roy and Gale
Seamans and I had two Purple Sandpipers above Niagara Falls .
They were observed from the south of the Engineerium building located
across from the parking lot at the greenhouses.  We failed to find the
Palm Warbler in the vicinity of the control structure above the falls .
We also had a Little Gull from the Queenston Sandocks flying across the
river in front of the round red building. A Shoveler was observed at the
sewage lagoons to the west of Niagara-on-the Lake. A visit to the
Niagara District Airport yielded two Harriers,  6 Horned Larks and a
flock of 14 Snow Buntings.  No sign of the Short-eared Owls observed
there on December 27.