[Ontbirds]Gyrfalcon, White morph, Thornhill Ontario

engrlady engrlady at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 23:34:51 EST 2006

 At about 11 am, February 27, 2006, I watched a white morph gyrfalcon land
 in a backyard tree near Clark and Bathurst. The gyrfalcon had caught some small prey (I thought it was a young squirrel but it could have been something else). I watched it for a couple of minutes as it sat there (eye-level, about 15 feet from the window) but when I moved to get a camera, he saw me and flew away toward Bathurst St.  I watched the tree off and on the rest of the day but didn't see him again.  However, with the abundance of squirrels in the area, he (or she) may be tempting enough to stay around for a while.

  Donna Walker
Thornhill Ontario

  905-882-9997
248-613-6089