[Ontbirds]Peregrines at Bloor and Yonge

David Selley dselley at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 4 17:29:03 EST 2006

Two adult peregrines regularly roost near the top of the CIBC building on the Northwest corner of Yonge & Bloor in Toronto. Sometimes, one is at rest and the other does spectacular flying displays nearby. No evidence of nesting, but one was devouring its prey yesterday. They rest on the top of the brown window sets just below the top. They are never together. When both are roosting they stay several yards apart, often on different sides of the building.

My apartment on the 38th floor of the ManuLife Centre affords a spectacular view, especially in the bright sunlight of the last few days.

If anyone has a serious interest in taking pictures, let me know and I will try to arrange a time.

The Yonge and Bloor intersection is best reached from its eponymous subway station.

David Selley