[Ontbirds]snowy owl at Hamilton Airport

Nils Foss nfoss at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 4 21:30:43 EST 2006

Haven't heard of any sightings of the Snowy Owl at the Hamilton Airport, but had to pick up some passengers from a flight today. went up early to see if there were any signs, not much luck until I went in to grab a coffee at the Tim Hortons (by the Jetport Hanger) and saw three Crows diving at the Hydrant about 50 ft inside the fence. There was a large mottled Snowy Owl, resting against the Hydrant. The Crows harrassed the Owl for about 10 minutes,  then headed out. Lucky for me I had a new Camcorder with me and got some great footage of the Owl and crows. If I can figure out how to download it I will post it for Sharing.

Directions. If you go to the Tim Hortons at the Airport By the JetPort Office) walk out the Front Door toward the Runways, when you get to the fence look to the left (Approx 10 oclock) there is a yellow and Green Hydrant
good luck and good birding

Nils Foss