[Ontbirds]Eurasian Wigeon - North of Walsingham

Maris Apse apsemaris at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 23:41:10 EST 2006

Hi all,
      The OFO field trip finished at Turkey Point and Penny and I decided to
try for this bird again (it was our first stop this morning).  I checked
over the over 300 waterfowl in and around the wets and finally found it -
actively feeding in a smallish wet patch in the SW corner of the field. We
left at 4:40 p.m.  Drive west of Hwy.#59 on Concession 7 - the wet field is
on your right as soon as you cross the bridge over Big Creek.
       We also found 3 Sandhill Crane feeding on the south side of Lakeshore
Rd (HN#42) opposite #2439 ~1 km. west of Lee Brown W.A. - it was 5:30 and
time to wend our weary way home after a most enjoyable and  'productive'
day'.
                                                            Cheers!
Maris

Maris Apse