[Ontbirds]Chukar - Pelham

Richard Johnston johnstonnn at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 17:19:01 EST 2006

While driving me back to St. Catharines after a trip to Long Point today (sandhill cranes, no Eurasian wigeon) my friend Karl Dix spotted a chukar on the shoulder of Victoria Ave. (Regional Road 24) at about 4:20 p.m.

  Whatever the status of this bird, it was a lifer for each of us.

  Directions: Victoria Ave. runs south from Queen Elizabeth Way at Vineland. The chukar was seen on the east shoulder, south of Metler Rd, just south of #1791 on a mail box.

  Rick Johnston
  johnstonnn at yahoo.com