[Ontbirds]Wilsons Phalarope at GrandBend Lagoons..

Rick Thornton rickthor at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 22 18:37:25 EDT 2006

Birders....
  To my knowledge, this species has not been mentioned to date... Today,
while trying to find some shorebird habitat, I checked out the Exeter
lagoons, which does NOT have any shorebird habitat this spring, although, I
did have 4 LONGTAILED DUCKS. I then went to GrandBend lagoons which normally
has a cell that is productive for shorebirds. A WILSON"S PHALAROPE was in
the last cell with a bunch of DUNLIN, GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS, and
PECTORAL SANDPIPERS....  As well, a good selection of duck species....

Grand Bend lagoons are a couple of miles along Mollard Line just off Highway
81 east of Grand Bend... Although posted No Trespassing, birders are
generally tolerated. However, this in no way implies that you should
trespass...

Exeter lagoons are on Airport line south of 83 highway west of Exeter.
Exeter does however require an access permit to be displayed on your
dashboard....

Good Birding,
Rick Thornton
Exeter...