[Ontbirds]Leucistic Horned Lark - N.of Strathroy

Maris Apse apsemaris at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 16:44:14 EDT 2006

  Hi all,
       I saw this very light bird as I drove north on School Road just over
the Hwy #402 overpass. It landed on the gravel and before I could get to my
video, took off again flying west across a bright green hayfield - a strange
sight indeed. I could not see any 'horns' and the tail was gray - not much
darker than the body.

Directions: School Road is the first road west of Hwy#81 and can be reached
from Hwy#22 or from Mullfarry Road (south of Hwy#402). It was close to a
small Hydro structure with Em. #28887.

       Cheers!   Maris

Maris Apse
10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22,