[Ontbirds]Garganey at Oshawa Second Marsh - May 5th

Glenn Coady glenn_coady at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 01:00:15 EDT 2006

Ontbirds subscribers,

For those planning to visit Oshawa Second Marsh to search for the male Garganey, the bird has definitely spent the night near the marsh. I saw the bird from 7:00 p.m. until sunset in the open water at the south end of Oshawa Second Marsh. After dark I found the Garganey spending the night in an area near the marsh with a couple of pairs of Blue-winged Teal - it was still present when I left just before 10:00 p.m. No doubt it will likely be present in either Oshawa Second Marsh or McLaughlin Bay at dawn.

Glenn Coady
glenn_coady at hotmail.com

Coming from the west take the Farewell St. exit (Exit 419) off Hwy 401 and go south on Farewell St. Turn left on Colonel Sam Drive and follow it east and then south until reaching the parking lot of the General Motors headquarters building - Second Marsh is immediately west of the parking lot where the viewing platform is easily located.