[Ontbirds]American Avocets Nonquon S.L.

Ray Lush rlush at rogers.com
Sat May 6 16:18:43 EDT 2006

I hadn't seen a note about the Avocets today so I thought I would let
everyone know that the pair were still seen at 3:30 today. They were still
in the second lagoon along with the Caspian Terns.

The other notable bird was a Cliff Swallow amongst the dozens of Tree,
Rough-Winged and Barn Swallows. The southern Lagoon has been emptied so it
is worth the walk down there for shorebirds.

Directions

The lagoons are located at 1730 Scugog Line 8.  If you don't have a pass,
you can get one at the dump.  This is at 1623 Reach St. (open Tues - Sat
8-4).  Both of these places are inbetween Simcoe Rd. And Hwy 12.  This is at
the north end of Port Perry and about 25 minutes north of the 401 in Oshawa
- Whitby.