[Ontbirds] May 7 at Thickson's in Whitby--pockets of good warblers, Green Heron among several shorebirds on the marsh

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Sun May 7 13:50:43 EDT 2006

Many birders enjoyed the challenge of locating the spots for warblers on this May 7 morning, within the pine woods of Thickson's. I list the birds that I know were seen:
shorebirds--Dunlin, Solitary Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper. Least Sandpiper, both Yellowlegs
Green Heron
Hooded Merganser
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Least Flycatcher, Great Crested Flycatcher
Blue-headed Vireo, Warbling Vireo
Winter Wren
Thrushes--Veery, Hermit T., Wood T., Am. Robin
Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher
Warblers--Nashville, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Cape May, Black-throated green , Black-throated Blue, Blackburnian, Palm, Black-and-white, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Yellow-rumped
White-crowned Sparrow
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Exit 401 onto Thickson Rd. in west Whitby, south toward the lakefront, turning east onto the road that runs along in front of the pine woods.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby