[Ontbirds]YEllow-breasted Chat,Thickson's Woods, Whitby

frank.pinilla at bell.ca frank.pinilla at bell.ca
Mon May 22 10:51:32 EDT 2006

I spent about 3 hours in Thickson's Woods this morning and just as I was leaving at 10:30 I had a Yellow-breasted Chat on the eastern edge of the meadow just north of the woods, the bird was quiet and feeding down low in Dogwood bushes.

Also, I had a Red-throated Loon fly over behind a Common Loon at 7:15am and then at 8 a Great Egret flew over the NW corner of the woods.  Quite a few warblers singing & feeding including 2 Canadas, 2 Norhtern Parulas, 2 Blackpoll amongst others.  Also, I counted 40+ Swainson's Thrushes!

Good birding,
Frank Pinilla
Thornhill, ON

DIRECTIONS:
Exit Hwy 401 at Thickson's Road in E Whitby and head south to the woodlot on the east side of the road.  There is a small roadway along the northern edge of the woods you can park on the north side of this road.