[Ontbirds]Eastern Screech-Owl in Bronte

Gavin Edmondstone sue-gavin at sympatico.ca
Mon May 22 13:51:44 EDT 2006

As of 1 PM there is a grey morph Eastern Screech-Owl in plain view near the
pond off Bronte Creek above Lakeshore Rd. The owl is in a bush with white
flowers slightly above eye level. You can park either on Triller Place (off
Lakeshore just west of the bridge) or at the east end of Riverview St. (off
Mississaga St.). Look for a sign that says Riverview Park. From that sign
follow path that goes above the pond until you see area where the underbrush
has been clear down to the pond. The owl is just back from there. Over the
years I have heard Screech-Owls from our window on occasion but this is the
first time that I have seen one in this area.

There is a Great Egret in the pond right now.

Directions: Exit the QEW at Bronte Road and go to Lakeshore Rd. and turn
right. Cross the bridge over Bronte Creek and make the first right onto
Triller Place. There is a path between the houses.

Gavin Edmondstone
Oakville, Ontario