[Ontbirds]HUron Fringe Bird report

mike pickup mpickup at bmts.com
Thu May 25 13:15:01 EDT 2006

The last couple of days has shown an increase in the number of birds.
Reported from the Kincardine lagoons are Olive-sided Flycatcher,
Philadelphia Vireo. Black Tern, Ruddy Duck and 4 new warblers for the year.
Orange-crowned, Wilson's, Northern Parula, Canada and Tennessee.
Number of birds has increased in MacGregor Point Park as well with some new
arrivals such as Mourning, Canada, Tennessee and a late Palm Warbler. Other
species of note are Scarlet Tanager, Brown Creeper, Eastern Wood Pewee,
singing House Wren and White-throated Sparrow. Veery, Wood Thrush and Indigo
Bunting have arrived as of this morning.

Directions
To reach MacGregor Point Provincial Park. From Hwy #21 south of Port Elgin,
turn west on 4th Conc. Saugeen and follow the signs to the Park.
To reach the Kincardine Lagoons. From Hwy #21 south of Kincardine, turn west
on Saratoga Rd. and follow the dirt road to a parking area at the Rail
Trail. The lagoons and trail are on the your right.
++++
Huron Fringe Birding Festival starts tomorrow. 26th May

The HURON FRINGE BIRDING FESTIVAL takes place every year at MacGregor Point
Provincial Park.
This year the 9th Annual Festival takes place MAY 26 TO JUNE 4. There are
over 80 events and over 40 top notch leaders. The migration corridor along
the shore of Lake Huron known as "The Huron Fringe", extending from
Kincardine to Tobermory on the Bruce Peninsula is the area we cover. Our
birding hikes, presentations and workshops are lead by very competent
birders and naturalists from all Ontario and Michigan. All birders and
naturalists from the beginner to the more advanced will find something to
pique their interests.
To find out more about our program and down load a registration form, visit
the Friends of MacGregor Point web site.
Spaces on our some of our events are still available. Sign up at the Park.
http://www.friendsofmacgregor.org
(Click on "Birding Festival" and then on "Events")
for accommodation in Saugeen Shores visit
http://www.sunsets.com