[Ontbirds]Wilson's Plover at Presqu'ile 2

Bree, David (MNR) david.bree at mnr.gov.on.ca
Fri May 26 09:57:55 EDT 2006

The Wilson's Plover was still at Owen Pt at 8am this morning.  Since 6am
it had travelled as far north as Beach 3 then turned and went back to
the Point.  So it is moving around a bit.  With today's fine drizzle it
might be expected to stay at least the day. It has been seen by several
people and photographs taken.  This is a new bird for the park,
representing the 41st shore bird seen here.

This is probably the same bird that was reported in the same area on May
17.  A Wilson's without a complete neck band.  At that time only one
gentlemen had seen it and he did not fill out a rare bird report, or
leave any details in our sightings binder. If that gentleman is out
there the park would appreciate details of his sighting, and his name
for our records as he is no doubt the original discoverer of this bird.
Thank You.

David Bree
Natural Heritage Education (NHE) Leader
Presqu'ile Provincial Park