[Ontbirds]7 Great egrets at Rattray Marsh

Jacques Giraud jacques at giraud.com
Sat May 27 12:17:25 EDT 2006

I found 7 great egrets at Rattray Marsh this morning around 8 AM. One the
birds had bright green lores which were quite striking. Also at the marsh
were a great blue heron, 6 dunlin, 6 least sandpipers and 2 semi-palmated
plovers. While I was watching flock after flock of bluejays migrate, I also
picked up 4 white-winged scoters heading east.

Rattray Marsh is located at the bottom of Bexhill Road south of Lakeshore in
Mississauga.

Good birding

Jacques Giraud