[Ontbirds]Dickcissel - Kingsville

Michael Carlson mecec at comcast.net
Sat Jun 24 01:09:50 EDT 2006

Folks,
While surveying the Kingsville BBS route on June 23, I heard and saw a
Dickcissel near the northwest corner of Essex Road 20 (formerly Highway
18) and McCain Sideroad.  McCain Sideroad is approximately 3.5 km west
of Division Road (Essex Road 29) in Kingsville.  (Kingsville is
approximately 20 minutes west of Leamington.)  The bird was singing
persistently around 4:00 pm and at 8:00 pm when I again drove by.  It
could be heard clearly from the intersection of the highway and McCain
Sideroad.
Blessings,
Michael Carlson
Royal Oak, MI