[Ontbirds]Red-headed Woodpeckers near Vineland

A & K Williams williamsmusic at execulink.com
Mon Jul 10 16:38:59 EDT 2006

In case you still need to see a Red-headed Woodpecker, we had several in the Niagara Region this morning. Scope not too necesssary, but you may have to look 100 acres west across a field to get good looks...I first saw it close to the road.

Directions: From the QEW take the Victoria Road (road 24)exit in Vineland and go south up the escartment. Turn right on Fly Road (Niagara 73), and go a few km. Turn left on Tintern Road (if you get to Camden Road you went a block too far). Stop just past the second bridge a few km south of 73 and wait and watch. You will probably hear them call before you see them.

Good luck!

Ken