[Ontbirds]HSR: Cranberry Marsh (30 Sep 2006) 19 Raptors

reports at hawkcount.org reports at hawkcount.org
Sat Sep 30 14:09:01 EDT 2006

Cranberry Marsh
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Daily Raptor Counts: Sep 30, 2006

Black Vulture                0              0              0
Turkey Vulture               2            250            251
Osprey                       5            120            145
Bald Eagle                   1             36             38
Northern Harrier             0            130            142
Sharp-shinned Hawk           3           1028           1050
Cooper's Hawk                1             53             55
Northern Goshawk             0             10             10
Red-shouldered Hawk          0              3              4
Broad-winged Hawk            0            962            967
Red-tailed Hawk              0            200            236
Rough-legged Hawk            0              0              0
Golden Eagle                 0              0              0
American Kestrel             3            636            637
Merlin                       1             18             20
Peregrine Falcon             3             10             10
Unknown                                    51             52

Total:                      19           3507           3617

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end   time: 13:00:00
Total observation time: 5 hours

Official Counter: Rayfield Pye

Observers:

Visitors:
I thank everyone, including Tim Brophy and Stu Williams today, who can come
to help with the count. My time will be greatly diminished, some days
limited only to picking up the data-page in the late afternoon--my wife
will be in hospital for some time, and then I am trygin to find a home
where her severe osteoarthritic condition and developing dementia can be
looked after.
Doug Lockrey

Weather:
falling BP, 15C, overcast, TUV=2; light S wind

Raptor Observations:
2 TV, 5 OS, 1 juv. BALD EAGLE, 3 SS, 1 CH, 3 AK, 1 ML, 3 PEREGRINE FALCONS

Non-raptor Observations:
4 yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 7 white-crowned sparrows