[Ontbirds]jaegers, Sarnia

Tim Snieder tsnieder at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 20:28:06 EDT 2006

Heya,
yesterday there was a WNW so I decided to sit by the Pt Edward lighthouse in
the morning and then in the afternoon.  Sightings in order:

8:40--unidendified jaeger
9:00--intermediate PARASITIC jaeger and a bulky jaeger with a white belly
which I believed to be a POMARINE (not adult). They were chasing eachother
briefly and chasing ringers, mostly the parasitic.
9:30--unidentified jaeger
10:00--3 LONGSPURS flew over calling.
4:20--intermediate PARASITIC jaeger.
5:00--american coot in the lake
6:00--2 surf scoters

In adjecent Canatara park on Saturday I saw a gray-cheeked thrush and winter
wren.
good birding,
Tim