[Ontbirds]White-faced ibis at Long Point

dianesalter at execulink.com dianesalter at execulink.com
Tue Oct 3 09:23:22 EDT 2006

The flock of 11 ibis reported yesterday by Ron Ridout is still in the same general area
this morning.

When I left there, shortly before 9 am, the birds were in the freshly ploughed field
behind the same farm.  Follow Ron's directions (see below) and continue past both
houses & turn right on the West Quarter Line Road.  The birds were working the mud
just past the back driveway into the farm.

Take Highway 59 south towards Long Point.  The A Concession is the first road on
the right south of the 1st Concession (still about 2 km north of the Long Point
causeway).  Travel west on the A Concession down through the Big Creek valley and
continue west towards the hamlet of Erieview which about 1 km. west of Big Creek.
Just before Erieview, you will leave behind the weedy ditches on both sides of the
road and come to a somewhat neatly mowed roadside ditch filled with water on the
north side.

When I left the area it was pouring rain.  This did not seem to be affecting the birds in
any way as they were busy feeding.

dianesalter at execulink.com