[Ontbirds]Ibis at Long Point have Left

Ron Ridout rridout at bsc-eoc.org
Tue Oct 3 13:33:37 EDT 2006

The flock of 11 ibis were present all morning nearby here at Erieview.
Despite a heavy rain for a good part of the morning, I think most of
those who came saw the White-faced well enough to identify it.  At 1 pm.
the birds, without warning, suddenly all took flight and began gaining
altitude to the southwest.  I followed them in my truck as they headed
for the lakeshore and then headed west along the shore of Lake Erie at
40 kph.  I followed them for about 15 km towards Houghton Centre and
Port Burwell before leaving them as they continued west.

Those southwest of here along the lake should keep a look out.

Ron Ridout
Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160, Port Rowan. ON N0E 1M0
519-586-3531 Ext 204