[Ontbirds]Cattle Egret in Casselman area, East of Ottawa

Jacques Bouvier bouvier at magma.ca
Tue Oct 3 20:02:08 EDT 2006

Marc Denis phoned me at 5:30 pm to ask me to come over to his place and
check out a possible Great Egret.  White bird with yellow bill and dark
legs. He did not mention the size. Well it turned out to be an adult
non-breeding CATTLE EGRET.

The egret follows the horses on his property which is north of and adjacent
to the Casselman Sewage Lagoons.  His land lies between Route 500 and the
Sewage Lagoons.  At 6:30 pm the bird flew a short distance and landed in the
lagoons. It should return to feed first thing in the morning.  Hopefully!

Mr Denis is very birder friendly and if you cannot see the bird from the
road or the lagoons please announce your presence and he will gladly let you
look for the bird on his property. The egret may be hidden from view by his
barn or other buildings.
I will post pictures of the bird on my blog later tonight.  Meanwhile those
of you who were on the OFO Alfred trip Saturday can have a look at the blog
and see a few of the people pictures I posted. (double click the pics to
make them larger)      http://jacquesbouvier.blogspot.com       Cheers,

Jacques Bouvier
CP/Box 184
St-Isidore, ON K0C 2B0
(613) 524-1154
bouvier at magma.ca
http://jacquesbouvier.blogspot.com

DIRECTIONS:

 Casselman sewage lagoons: directions courtesy of Neily World

http://ca.geocities.com/larry.neily@rogers.com/sewage7.htm