[Ontbirds]Immature Ross's Goose, Kingston, Ontario

P. Hauschildt ph17 at post.queensu.ca
Mon Oct 23 18:32:27 EDT 2006

This evening on our way home, we spotted what we believe to be an
immature Ross's Goose on the Dupont property along Front Road in
Kingston, Ontario.  It was close to dusk, but I quickly set up my
binoculars on my tripod and took a photo with my camera through the
binocular eyepiece.  Please go to

http://www.physics.queensu.ca/~ph/Birds/Ross's%20Goose%20Oct%2023,%202006%20PH.jpg

to view the photo.  I'd be pleased to hear from anyone who might have
an idea if we identified this goose properly.

Cheers,
Peg Hauschildt
Kingston, Ontario

To get to the Dupont property, coming along Hwy 401, take the 611
turn-off and head south.  Drive down Hwy 38 (which becomes Gardiner's
Road) until you reach a major intersection with Bath Road (an A&P
store is at this intersection).  Turn right onto Bath Road then
immediately turn left at the next traffic light onto Days
Road.  Follow Days Road to the very end and turn left at the traffic
light.  The Dupont plant is along this road (Front Road) on the
right-hand side about 1/2 km from this intersection.