[Ontbirds]Pomarine Jaeger

m riggs mriggs at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 29 14:15:45 EST 2006

Birding this morning in very windy conditions at  Owen Point and Gull (soon to be an island again if the wind keeps up!) in Presqu'ile Provincial Park, Don Shanahan and I had great views of a Juv.  Pomarine Jaeger.   We also saw a Little Gull, a few Black-bellied Plovers, two or three Dunlin, 2 Pectoral Sandpipers, 1 Semipalmated Sandpiper, 30+ Snow Buntings and a Phalarope sp. that did not stay around to be identified.

Maureen Riggs
Box 1578
Brighton, On K0K 1H0
613-475-3604
mriggs at sympatico.ca

Directions: To reach Presqu'ile Provincial Park, take the Brighton exit #509 off the 40l and continue south on County Road 30 through the town and follow the Park signs.