[Ontbirds] 1 adult Golden Eagle, 2 Red-shouldereds among 11 raptors on Nov.3 at Cranberry, Whitby--Nov.3

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Fri Nov 3 16:06:45 EST 2006

As 8 of us awaited Nov.3's sunny skies turn to snow-bearing overcast over a
4-hour vigil we had to be satisfied with few hawks, great camaraderie, 1
Wilson's Snipe, 1 Rusty Blackbird and a treetop NORTHERN SHRIKE.  With the
"promise" that after I leave an eagle would come through, sure enough an
adult GOLDEN EAGLE came through at 1130am.

Observations made by 8 observers over 4 hours on Nov.3
Counter--Ron Stephenson, Doug Lockrey
Observers--Rosemary Harris, Jim Skeine, Dave Worthington, Charlie Adey (he
who is off to Vegas soon!!), Dan Russell, Karl Jennewein and others.

                                      Day's Count    TOTAL
Turkey Vulture                        0              2233
Osprey                                    0              0158
Bald Eagle                             0               55
N. Harrier                                0               198
Sharp-shinned                      1             1741
Cooper's                                 0               151
Northern Goshawk                  0               16
Red-shouldered                     2                59
Broad-winged                         0               974
Red-tailed                               6              663
Rough-legged                        0                 5
Golden Eagle                          1               7
American Kestrel                  0               654
Merlin                                       0               28
Peregrine                                0                 13
Unidentified                            1                77
TOTAL                                   11           7059

>From the west--Exit 401 at Salem Rd. in Ajax, south to Bayly, east through
>Lakeridge Rd., one block to Hall's Rd., south towards the lake, parking at
>the entrance to the south pathway.
>From the east--Exit 401 at Brock St. in Whitby, south to Victoria, west
>past the Lynde C.A. parking lot to Hall's Rd.--

Doug Lockrey, Whitby, ON
birding organization.
For instructions to join or leave ONTBIRDS visit
http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdshow.htm
ONTBIRDS Guidelines may be viewed at http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdsguide.htm