[Ontbirds]Razorbill - Niagara-on-the-Lake - Saturday Dec 9

Mcgregor, Sheldon SMcgrego at SCJ.COM
Sat Dec 9 11:16:56 EST 2006

On the 4th try (not including my near misses in the 80's) I saw the
Razorbill with Jim Heslop this morning.  We first saw it at ~ 8 am very
near the fort on the US side and it moved gradually out along the line
of water turbulence/transition until it was roughly in the middle and to
the left of the parkette when we left the bird still in view at 8:45 am.
It was diving at times frequently and at times not very often.

We were viewing from the parkette to the south (upriver) of the golf
course.

To reach Niagara-on-the-Lake take the QEW to exit #38 and head to
Niagara-on-the-Lake.  As you reach town continue straight until the T
intersection at the golf course.  Turn right, take the first left, this
road bends to the right after ~ 100 m, continue about another 200 m to
the parkette on the left.

Sheldon McGregor
Ancaster