[Ontbirds]Barnacle Goose

Jennie's Mail jennie.foley at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 9 19:16:32 EST 2006

This afternoon at 2:50 pm my husband and I saw a BARNACLE GOOSE in a flock
of about 150 Canada Geese about 90-100 ft. off-shore of Maple Grove Road in
Beamsville.  The Barnacle Goose was observed staying in the middle of the largest flock of Canada Geese.

>From Hamilton/Toronto, take the QEW towards Niagara to Exit 64 (Ontario
Street-Beamsville).  Turn left (North) onto Ontario Street to the North
Service Road.  Turn right and travel about 2 kms. to a left turn onto Maple
Grove Road.  Turn left onto a single lane local road, very close to the water.  Please note that there are no shoulders and it is an access road for local homes.

Jennie and Mike Foley
Stoney Creek
(905) 662-2984