[Ontbirds]Bald eagles, Mergansers, Balsam Lake, Coboconk

Dan Bone dan.bone at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 1 16:06:14 EST 2007

Today, Jan. 1 2007, we saw 8 Bald Eagles from the docks of the Royal Resort located near Highway 35 and the Third Concession of Somerville  ( Baddow Road) and 8 Bald Eagles on and near a small Island just south of the private bridge near the end of Juniper Isle Road a few kilometres north of the Royal Resort. Some of these birds would be double counted as the Juniper  Isle site can be seen from the resort so we had perhaps a dozen birds, approx 4 adult plumage, 4 in transition and 4 sub adult. No Eagles were seen from the south end of Indian Point. Common Mergansers were numerous throughout this area. To get to Indian Point road, turn west off Highway 35 on to Grandy Road in downtown Coboconk.

Coboconk is located on Highway 35, a 40 minute drive north of Lindsay.

Dan Bone