[Ontbirds]short-eared owls in Sarnia

Tim Snieder tsnieder at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 19:53:31 EST 2007

Hey,
I had and amazing day of birding in Sarnia today.  I started at Point Edward
where I found an adult ICELAND GULL.  Then I went to the Sarnia bay (off
Front/Exmouth St) where I had 1 merlin and Alf Rider pointed out 4 HARLEQUIN
DUCKS on the opposite side of the river, seen from the parking lot across
from the grain elevator by the boat docking place.  2 PEREGRINES lit under
the bluewater bridge as I drove by.  In the evening I visited the old
landfill site on the corner of Blackwell rd and Churchill line.  At exactly
5:30 pm I was standing on top of the hill and saw 4 SHORT-EARED OWLS.  They
were flying around alot and even made a few passes over my head.
Incredible.
good birding!
Tim Snieder
Sarnia