[Ontbirds]Snowy and Short-eard Owls in Metz area.

Karl Egressy kegressy at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 19 18:36:33 EST 2007

Hi Birders,

Sorry for the late report.
Yesterday we were trying to re-find the Snowy and Short-eared Owls in Metz area, reported by
Kim MC Guire.
We found two Snowy Owls, both sitting on a utility post only a couple of km apart.
It was not the same bird, we double checked on it.
We found one sitting on a post on 5th Line, close to Sideroad 25.
The other was sitting on a post on Hwy 16 close to Sideroad 25.
The short-eared Owls were flying between 5:15 PM and 6:00 PM
at the location of 7th Line and Sideroad 20 intersection.

This area is close to Arthur, you can Google it, as I did.

Good Luck:
Karl and Marienna Egressy

PS: You can view the picture of one of the Owls here:
       http://www.naturesbestcreations.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2324#2324