[Ontbirds]Female Merlin, Ottawa

Don Wigle don.wigle at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 19 18:36:55 EST 2007

Saw a female Merlin at Britannia Woods in Ottawa this afternoon.  It was sitting in a dead tree at the southwestern corner of Mud Lake about 3 pm.  It stayed in the tree for at least 15 minutes while I took pictures and was still there when we left.

Directions from Queensway (Hwy 417): exit onto Pinecrest north, turn right at Richmond Road, cross Carling and take first left onto Poulin, continue to end of Poulin and left on Howe St, right on Britannia Rd, continue to end and right on Cassels St, continue a few hundred metres to entrance gate.  Can walk on lake or in woods.

Don Wigle
Ottawa