[Ontbirds]Marsh Monitoring Program Training Sessions in Ontario

Kathy Jones aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org
Fri Feb 23 08:55:28 EST 2007

Bird Studies Canada's Marsh Monitoring Program (MMP) is seeking wetland enthusiasts to be trained as amphibian and/or marsh bird monitors (no prior experience necessary) for wetland areas in Ontario.  As part of this program several MMP Training and Orientation Sessions are being held throughout the province.

Anyone interested in participating in the MMP can attend one of the following sessions:
* Belleville: Thursday 1 March 7:00 p.m. at the Quinte Conservation office: Surveying Frogs and Toads; Contact Terry Sprague at tspraque at kos.net
* Windsor: Saturday 3 March 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Ojibway Nature Centre (space is very limited; pre-registration required); Contact Wanda Haydt at; aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org .
* Kingston: Saturday 3 March 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Kingston Public Library; contact John Cooke at dad2cjlm at yahoo.ca.
* Belleville: Friday 9 March 7:00 p.m. at the Quinte Conservation office, Marsh Bird Monitoring, contact Terry Sprague at tspraque at kos.net.
* Barrie: Saturday 17 March 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Georgian College; contact Wanda Haydt at aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org.
* Port Rowan/Long Point: Saturday 24 March 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Bird Studies Canada Headquarters; contact Wanda Haydt at aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org.
* Ottawa: Monday 26 March 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Carleton University, Nesbitt Building; contact Wanda Haydt at aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org.
* Cornwall: Wednesday 28 March 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; for more information contact Jordan Kevan at  jkevan at riverinstitute.ca, (613) 936-6620 ext. 224.
* Arnprior: Tuesday 3 April; meeting of the MacNamara Field Naturalists; for more information contact Ryan Zimmerling at rzimmerling at bsc-eoc.org

For more information please email the contact provided or phone Wanda Haydt at Bird Studies Canada (1-888-448-2473 ext. 214).  The Belleville sessions are funded by the Great Lakes Sustainability Fund, while all other sessions are funded by Toronto Dominion Friends of the Environment Foundation.

Kathy Jones
Aquatic Surveys Volunteer and Data Coordinator
Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160, Port Rowan ON   N0E 1M0
Phone: 1-519-586-3531 ext. 212  Toll Free: 1-888-448-2473 ext. 212  Fax: 1-519-586-3532
E-mail aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org <mailto:aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org>    Web Page www.bsc-eoc.org

Understand  Appreciate  Conserve

>From time to time, BSC may send you information regarding our programs, special issues, membership, and other correspondence. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please contact us by mail at the address above or e-mail rkirton at bsc-eoc.org. Thank you.

Au cours de l'année, Études d'Oiseaux Canada envoie de la documentation concernant ses programmes, ses activités ou autres. Si vous désirez ne pas recevoir cette information, faites-nous parvenir un message par la poste ou par courrier électronique à rkirton at bsc-eoc.org.