[Ontbirds] SNOW BUNTINGS, AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS, HORNED LARKS & AMERICAN ROBINS by Pickeri

markus lise markus_lise at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 17:34:51 EST 2007

Hello Fellow Birders,

Yes, 22 SNOW BUNTINGS, 3 HORNED LARKS, I6 AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS & 23
AMERICAN ROBINS were sighted yesterday and today by Pickering Sideline # 24
& Highway # 7 and Concession # 5 close to the residents # 2090 & Church St.
N. & 1 RED TAILED HAWK

In the Port of Newcastle harbor this afternoon:  22 COMMON GOLDENEYE (with 2
males enjoying their courtship display), Mallards 34 (with 2 copulating), 2
COMMON MERGANSERS, 4 BUFFLEHEADS, 1 TRUMPETER SWAN, 8 MUTE SWANS & 42 CANADA
GEESE.

In my yard by the feeders:  8 NORTHERN CARDINALS, 12 BROWN HEADED COWBIRDS,
6 JUNCOS, 7 BLACK CAPPED CHICKADEES, 7 AMERIKCAN GOLDFINCHES, 3 DOWNY
WOODPECKERS, 6 BLUE JAYS, 1 WHITE BREASTED NUTHATCH &  2 AMERICAN CROWS.

Directions:  Drive in the area of Highway # 7, Pickering # 24, Concession #
5 & Church St. N.

By Newcastle take Mill St. exit from 401 and drive south towards the lake.

Markus Lise
Newcastle, On