[Ontbirds]Harlequin at Cobourg

Anne Anthony anthony at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 17 19:43:43 EDT 2007

Today, just after 11:00 a.m. my daughter Lindsay and I had the male
Harlequin Duck standing on Lucas Point just east of Cobourg.  This was my
third attempt for the bird, so patience may be required.

Directions: Lucas Point is at the foot of Normar Road on the east edge of
Cobourg.
>From 401 go south on Division St to the centre of Cobourg and on King Street
(Cty Rd. 2) turn left (east) and drive east for about 2km. Normar Road is
signposted just before the railroad bridge - turn right (south) to where it
deadends at the lake. Park at the dead end sign and walk carefully till you
can see the point under the cliff.  Most of the ducks flushed when I
approached too quickly but the Harlequin remained.

Anne Anthony
Peterborough, Ontario