[Ontbirds]Spring Migration Report for Point Pelee N.P. May 21

Janice.Sarkis at pc.gc.ca Janice.Sarkis at pc.gc.ca
Mon May 21 11:53:37 EDT 2007

This morning was quite birdy, especially near the tip.  Highlights included
several Philadelphia Vireos, and  11 Surf Scoters were spotted flying past
the tip.  A singing Alder Flycatcher proved its identification, and many
warblers including Yellow-breasted Chat, Canada, Mourning, Blackburnian,
Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll, Blue-winged, and a few Orange-crowned Warblers
were spotted up and down the tip trail.

North of the tip along the road a Hooded Warbler was present near the
halfway stop.

The Dunes picnic area, produced both Palm and Blue-winged Warblers.

Another successful Festival of Birds!  We hope to see everyone again next
year!!

Thank you &
Good Birding!
John Haselmayer, Karl Konze, Ross Mackintosh, Dave Martin, Pete Read and
Marianne Reid,
Friends of Point Pelee Hike Leaders.

Point Pelee National Park and the Friends of Point Pelee are pleased to
bring you the 2007 Festival of Birds from May 1 - 21.
For a complete schedule of events and secure on-line booking, please visit
www.friendsofpointpelee.com

You've asked for a BIRDING PASS and now we've got it!  This pass is valid
for 3 consecutive days at Point Pelee National Park and Hillman Marsh
Conservation Area - with savings of more than 30% from regular gate fees.
Passes are available for purchase at the park gate and Hillman Marsh's
visitor centre.