[Ontbirds]Red-headed woodpecker, Beaverton

Greg Jaski gregjaski at nexusisp.com
Tue May 22 14:50:57 EDT 2007

Hi Birders, Well, this RED-HEADED WOODPECKER wasn't actually in my yard, but I first heard it, then saw it from my property. Therefore, it is going on my yard list as species 104!  It was in the fully treed township right of way and forested vacant private lot across the street (to the west of my property). If you come to observe please stay on Parklawn Blvd. I was able to take some reasonably good pictures, one of which is now my computer wallpaper.

Cheers,
Greg Jaski
43 Parklawn Blvd.,
Beaverton, ON
L0K 1A0

Beaverton is about 50 minutes north of Whitby following hwy. 12 or 70 minutes north-east of Toronto following the 404 to Davis Drive east then hwy 48 north to Port Bolster, then left on Durham 23 into downtown Beaverton, turn left on Simcoe then left on Main West to Parklawn. Stop at the corner of Parklawn and Beechwood look west.

Here is a map of Parklawn Blvd.:
http://www.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=40+park+lawn+.,+beaverton+ontario&sll=44.427758,-79.168124&sspn=0.007141,0.01399&ie=UTF8&ll=44.427957,-79.168124&spn=0.007141,0.01399&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1