[Ontbirds]Brant Migration north of Kingston May 22

Michael Jaques michael.jaques at sympatico.ca
Tue May 22 19:35:57 EDT 2007

Further to Frank Pinilla's message, this morning we were driving on the
Westport Road in Frontenac County north of Kingston.  Between 7.00 and 7.15
am between Fermoy and Godfrey we saw about 10 flocks of Brant.  We stopped
and viewed the closest flock through binoculars.  One flock had over 500
birds and the others probably averaged 300.  At about 7.30 near Harrowsmith
we saw two more flocks.  I estimate that we saw about 3000 to 4000 Brant fly
over.

Directions:  Harrowsmith is north of Kingston on Hwy 38.  Godfrey is further
north on Hwy 38 and the Westport Road (County Road 8) runs east from
Godfrey.

Mike & Joyce Jaques
Carleton Place