[Ontbirds]Sedge Wren - Long Point Provincial Park

Mike Boyd mike.d.boyd at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:35:22 EDT 2007

Dear Fellow Birders,
This morning I found a Sedge Wren singing in Long Point Provincial Park at
the 'traditional' location for them here. I originally found him singing
around 6:10am and was last heard around 10:40am. A Least Bittern was also
heard here this morning.
The Bird Studies Canada ponds have also been good lately with a White-rumped
Sandpiper yesterday and a Wilson's Phalarope the day before.
Directions:
Exit the 401 at Hwy 59 near Woodstock and follow it south down to Lake Erie.
The BSC ponds are just east of the intersection with Front Rd, before you
cross the causeway. The provincial park is at the end of Hwy 59. Once you
are in the park follow the road as it winds along the marsh past the boat
launch. On the north side of the road there will be two large ponds that
have a grass path mowed around them, the bird was singing in the grassy
field to the east of these ponds.

Mike Boyd
Port Rowan, Ontario