[Ontbirds]Yellow Rail - Long Point Provincial Park, Sedge Wren No

Mike Boyd mike.d.boyd at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:28:58 EDT 2007

Dear Fellow Birders,
This morning I found a Yellow Rail calling in Long Point Provincial Park. It
was heard calling around 7:10am, however I briefly checked again around
9:30am and had no luck, this evening may be a better bet. A check on the
Sedge Wren mid-morning did not turn it up, so it may have moved on.
Directions:
Exit the 401 at Hwy 59 near Woodstock and follow it south down to Lake Erie.
The provincial park is at the end of Hwy 59. Once you are in the park follow
the road as it winds along the marsh on the north side. As you get towards
the back of the main camping area there is a concrete monument on the north
side of the road, and about 10m to the west of it there is a mowed path
leading into the marsh. Follow this about 250m out into the marsh.
Eventually you will see cattails paralleling the path on the east side and
the bird was heard near tire tracks that go into the cattails, there is also
orange flagging tape on the path near this location.

Mike Boyd
Port Rowan, Ontario

--
Mike Boyd
Long Point Waterfowl and Wetlands Research Fund