[Ontbirds]25 May: update on Whimbrel Migration at Col. Sam Smith Park

Wayne Renaud wayne at renaudwebber.com
Fri May 25 09:35:58 EDT 2007

>From 5:40 to 8:30 am (when I left the area) we had 14 groups totalling 912
Whimbrels.  Jean Irons stayed for several more hours and others may have
more later in the day and add these as numbers come in.   Except for one
group of 8 all flocks were moving quickly without circling from sse to the
northwest.  Again heavy fog cut visibilty considerably.

Directions:
Kipling runs directly into Colonel Sam Smith Park and adjacent Humber
College Lakeshore campus, located west of Islington and east of Brown's Line
south of the Q.E.W.

Wayne Renaud
905.274.7103 or 905.278.5813
wayne at renaudwebber.com