[Ontbirds]NO Marbled Godwit at Alfred but YES a WILLET

Jacques Bouvier bouvier at magma.ca
Fri May 25 18:14:02 EDT 2007

Yesterday and today I did not see the Marbled Godwit at St-Isidore or
Alfred.  Others have seen it at St-Isidore, so the bird is present but
moving around.

>From 5 pm until I left at 5:30 pm, I saw the WILLET from the viewing tower;
it was along the east shore of the east cell. Please do not go inside the
lagoon gates unless you have your annual permit. Such action will jeopardize
the excellent relations that presently exist between the municipality and
birders!

A distant photo of the Willet can be seen here
http://jacquesbouvier.blogspot.com ( ...or in just a few minutes...).

DIRECTIONS:
>From the town of Alfred go east on Highway 17, then turn
south on Peat Moss Road and drive for 2 km. The lagoons are on your left
(east side of road). The birds are best observed from the viewing tower.

Access to the viewing tower is free and no permit is required.

Entrance to the lagoons is prohibited unless in the possession of a valid
ANNUAL PERMIT. The permit can be purchased on week days from the Alfred town
office just beside the fire station. Arrangements can also be made to
receive the permit by fax by contacting Richard Villeneuve at (613)
679-2292.

Jacques Bouvier
CP/Box 184
St-Isidore, ON K0C 2B0