[Ontbirds]Glossy Ibis in Brighton June 15

M. Bain mjcbain at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 15 08:03:29 EDT 2007

The Glossy Ibis was still in the southeast corner of the Water Polishing Ponds in Brighton at 7am this morning, Friday June 15th. I only walked about half as far as the cedars Doug McRae mentions in his posting and could easily see it feeding in the open water.
To be pedantic, what I saw was a Plegadis ibis - a spangled silouhette against the morning sun, so I'll have to go back later in the day for a better look - not exactly a chore!
Attached are Doug McRae's directions:
Park at the viewing deck parking area, then walk east along the shoulder of Cty. Rd. 64 about 50 m until you come to an area with some cedars growing along the fence line.  From this site - the highest point on the road -  look SE to the far corner of the far cell and the bird is frequently feeding along that shoreline.

Directions:  The Constructed Wetland is located at the SE corner of
Brighton.  From Hwy 401, take the Brighton exit (Hwy. 30)and follow
it south into town.  Go south through the two traffic lights, over  the railway tracks and follow the main road, now called Prince Edward
Street, south.  About 1 km south of the tracks, the main road begins
to swing to the left and becomes Cty. Rd. 64.  As this long turn
ends, the constructed wetlands appear on the right side.

Margaret Bain
Cobourg
mjcbain at sympatico.ca