[Ontbirds]Glossy Ibis at Brighton

Rod Lee simkev at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 17 11:19:43 EDT 2007

Greetings: I have just returned from the constructed wetland.  This was my 7th attempt to try and see the Glossy Ibis.  I did indeed see the Ibis this time out (1045)

I set up my scope near the County Road 64 road sign and scanned the area reported by Doug Mcrae.  It was a challenge to find him as he was feeding very close to the cattails.

Good luck!
Maureen Campeau

Directions:  The Constructed Wetland is located at the SE corner of
Brighton.  From Hwy 401, take the Brighton exit (Hwy. 30)and follow
it south into town.  Go south through the two traffic lights, over
the railway tracks and follow the main road, now called Prince Edward
Street, south.  About 1 km south of the tracks, the main road begins
to swing to the left and becomes Cty. Rd. 64.  As this long turn
ends, the constructed wetlands appear on the right side.