[Ontbirds]Dickcissels near Ferndale, Bruce Peninsula

ALFRED RAAB alfredraab at rogers.com
Mon Jun 18 08:51:33 EDT 2007

This morning at 7:30 I saw the Dickcissels again in the same field as in my previous posting. There are two males singing in the field about 50m from the road. A scope may help for a good view. Also in the same field is a singing Grasshopper Sparrow, very difficult to hear from the road.

  Also, I found another singing Dickcissel about 5 km from the above location.

  Directions: Ferndale is between Wiarton and Tobermory on Hwy 6 in the middle of the Bruce Peninsula. At the intersection in Ferndale go west (I think it is called Burma Road) for about 1km. The birds were singing near the road and in the field to the south side 50m and 100m before the hay bales wrapped in white plastic.