[Ontbirds]Brighton Glossy Ibis gone? Wetland Access this Sunday

Doug McRae rdmcrae at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 19 14:00:06 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

I spoke with Keith Lee, Brighton's Wastewater Manager, who told me
that the Glossy Ibis has not been seen yesterday or today to his
knowledge.  Hopefully if it is seen again it will be posted.  The
bird could easily be in the nearby Gosport Marsh or in Presqu'ile so
it is worth keeping an eye out.

Keith also told me that he will escort birders into the Constructed
Wetland from 9-11 am on Sunday, June 24.  We are working on gaining
regular access to this site for birders, but in the meantime Keith is
willing to do this for the interested birding community on his own
time!  If you are nearby, I would encourage you to come out and see
the site with its nesting Ospreys, waterfowl, moorhens and hopefully
a return of the ibis, and be sure to pass on thanks to Keith for his
efforts.

Cheers,

Doug McRae
Doug McRae Nature Services
P.O. Box 3010
Brighton, Ontario
Canada K0K 1H0
613-475-5014
rdmcrae at sympatico.ca

Directions:  Brighton's Constructed Wetland is at the SE corner of
town.  From Hwy. 401, take the Brighton exit and follow south through
Brighton, the two sets of lights, over the RR tracks, then south
further for about 1 km at which point the main road will swing left,
while a secondary street (Cedar) continues straight.  Just as you
complete this wide turn you will see the Constructed Wetland on the
right.  Park by the viewing deck in the lot provided, and walk east
along the road shoulder to the easternmost gate for foot access.