[Ontbirds]RE: Late Brant - Ottawa.

michael.broughton at servicecanada.gc.ca michael.broughton at servicecanada.gc.ca
Fri Jun 22 09:59:46 EDT 2007

Further to the late Brant post of June 12, I encountered a Brant again this morning at Riverrain Park in the Rideau river just below the tennis club. I do not know if this is the same one that had been reported on the Ottawa river as I have been seeing it infrequently at Riverrain over the past month, however this is my first sighting here in almost two weeks.

Photo (this one taken three weeks ago on previous sighting): http://www.flickr.com/photos/silliopolous/533094045/

Mike Broughton.

Directions to RiverRain Park: From Highway 417 take the Vanier Parkway exit NorthBound. Go northwest about 1.5 km to McArther Road and turn left or west onto. Proceed 0.5 km to the west end of McArthur, which ends at the entry to a parking lot for Riverrain on the west side of North River Road. Note that this is pay parking during working hours. To get to the tennis club, follow the path along the river south (left) about 100 yard. There is a clearing down towards the river just past the first set of tennis courts.