[Ontbirds]Red-Headed Woodpeckers, Sheffield

John Millman alexandra5 at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 23 13:19:59 EDT 2007

The Red-Headed Woodpeckers sighted near Sheffield yesterday by Dave Don were still around this morning.  An adult was perching on a dead tree on the north side of 5th Conc W, between Sager Road and Sheffield Road about 250m. east of # 2437.  (A picture can be seen at http://home.cogeco.ca/~alexandra5/woodpecker_red_headed.html )

At one point a juvenile joined the adult in the tree.  I was changing batteries at the time and, much to my annoyance, missed the shot.

John Millman